I do not regret a single thing from my past. I do not continue to hold grudges against those who hurt me. I do not wallow that I wasted years of my life in sadness and treating myself poorly. I do not resent the fact that competing in a fitness competition was not for me and screwed with my body. I do not feel guilty knowing I will not return to teaching because I discovered it is not my true passion. Those scenarios all pushed me out of my comfort zone and forced me to grow stronger and change my life.
We have to believe that we have the strength to face difficult situations. The most rewarding moments in our lives often come with some growth and change. Just as our muscles will not strengthen without some physical challenge, our lives will not have room to grow without having to push ourselves past emotional, mental, physical, and spiritual discomforts from time to time. Below are just a few of innumerable examples.
- Diet: Giving up old eating habits we are comfortable with in order to better our health.
- Exercise Goals: Pushing through tough workouts to cross that race line, achieve those push-ups, improve stamina, etc.
- Life Trials: Learn things about yourself through those emotionally trying times. Find ways to love and support others, develop new coping skills, etc.
- A New Relationship: Breaking down walls to open up. Putting someone else before yourself.
- Following A Passion: Changing your work, friends, lifestyle to do something you love.
I don’t think I would fully experience life if I could just breeze easily through. I have goals and desires so I can pursue my best life. I know they won’t come easy, but that is what makes them so great. As long as they tie in with my purpose and those things valuable to me, I know pushing myself towards them will help fulfill me in many ways.
After all, how great does it feel to know you accomplished something? The greater the challenge, the sweeter the victory. Sometimes simply surviving something is an inspiring victory in itself. We need not forget those challenges we have overcome and allow them to empower us today. We must embrace new trials as a way to achieve a higher quality of life in the long run. They shape us into even greater people than we already are.
What challenges have you overcome? What goals have you achieved? Let them empower you today!
Check out the following bloggers who shared their personal 30 DSLR reflections.
Tags: self-love reflections