What Fitfluential Women Are Made Of

Posted: July 7, 2011 at 8:00 am

Sugar and spice and everything nice, that’s what little girls are made of. Mehhh. How boring! I much prefer something like this – passion and drive, authenticity and high fives, that’s what Fitfluential women are made of. Now that I can get on board with. And I have.

Passion

IMGP1640   P1140583

If I could only pick one word to describe myself, I would choose passionate. I pour all of myself into everything that matters in my life – my family, my faith, this blog, supporting others, and healthy living. Without these things, my life feels incomplete. My numerous passions continually make me a better person and allow me the opportunity to love my life, my God, others, as well as myself, deeper. I recognize that my passions empower me and bring me further than I ever imagined. With my passionate zest for life, I refuse to settle for less. And I refuse to allow others to believe they should settle for less either.

Drive

P1140443IMGP1616month5progressfrontIMGP9998

I strongly believe we all have the power to achieve anything we put our minds towards. I apply that in my life. Fear could not keep me from taking the first steps in pursuing my dream of achieving personal training certification. A new baby, a busy schedule, and a love of sweets couldn’t hinder my determination to care for my health and make the physical progress evident in my Body After Baby journey (next update this afternoon!). Complacency didn’t settle in and prevent me from attacking a new fitness challenge in running. Uncertainty did not stop me from signing on to speak at a blogging conference later this year. I stand behind the mindset “If I believe it, I can achieve it.” And I believe it!

Authenticity

tina headshot

I may love sugar, but I don’t love sugar coating things. I blog the truth. I blog with an open heart in hopes that sharing the ups, the downs, and in-betweens at full disclosure I can encourage others. Authenticity not only forces me to learn more about myself, but it also creates an environment of understanding. People can trust what I say and what I do. They can know I don’t try to hide behind any pretexts. I mean, hellloooo….I’ve blogged about my pregnant body in a bikini, my struggles with binge eating, and my secret hopes and dreams. I pride myself on my authenticity.

High Fives

IMGP1592jump for joy IMGP0146IMGP0699IMG_0722

I acknowledge that the paths I pursue and the endeavors I take could not happen without the love and support from others in my life. Who am I to not pay it forward? Nothing satisfies me like seeing my daughter believe more in herself from my encouragement. Or receiving an email of gratitude from a reader for helping her trust she can overcome binge eating as well. Or lending a helping hand or a non-judgmental, listening ear to a friend in need. I would consider my life well lived if I touched another’s life, inspired another soul, or motivated another lifestyle. High fives and giving back is what it is all about.

Passion and drive, authenticity and high fives. That’s what Fitfluential women are made of. That’s what I am made of and I would love to represent the Atlanta area. If you agree, I would love your support in any (or all hehe) of the following ways -

• Comment on this post.
  • “Like” or comment on this posting on my Facebook wall.
  • Tweet the following: “ @FitFluential – I think @TinaFFF would make a FANTASTIC #FitFluential ambassador for Atlanta! ” or something similar in your own awesome words.
  • Visit the FitFluential Facebook page and leave a comment on their wall saying you think Tina from Faith Fitness Fun would make a great ambassador.

Thank you in advance for your help! And Fitfluential – I would feel honored to work with you in the chance to use my passion to display what a healthy life provides to those in the greater Atlanta area. Thanks for considering me!

Tags: ,

77 Comments to “What Fitfluential Women Are Made Of”
  1. Love it! You should put that saying on your t-shirts:
    passion and drive, authenticity and high fives!

You’d make an awesome Fitfluential ambassador 🙂 Go Tina!

2. You completely rock. I think you’d make a great ambassador!

3. Robyn says:

Tina

This is an awesome post!! No other words are needed.

Good Luck with FitFluential.

4. Erica says:

whoooooooooop! You so belong as a representative! You are amazingly strong women with so much drive. Love your blog <3

5. Tina, I can wholeheartedly say that you would make a great FitFluential Ambassador! 🙂

6. Tina, I honestly couldn’t think of a better ambassador than YOU! I always looks forward to your posts 🙂

7. Amy Lauren says:

I don’t know a lot about fitfluential ambassadors but you’re definitely everything you said in this post, and your blog is very inspirational which is something that a lot of running/fitness/food blogs do not have. I like how it’s about you and your life and not just about a recipe or a workout but how you deal with things, very real and authentic :). So, I hope you get to be one!

8. Driven, passionate, and authentic are definitely the perfect words to describe you – and the reasons I love to read your blog!

9. Tina I loved this post — you are so passionate and so authentic and that is what I love about your blog!

10. I think you’d be a great representative for Atlanta!!

11. So excited that this might be a possiblity for you Tina! Best of luck!

Good luck! You would do a great job as the Atlanta area ambassador. I really hope you get it.

13. Chelsea says:

I think you’re a very inspiring and great role model for your daughter 🙂 She’s so lucky to have someone so honest and positive to raise her.

14. Whitney says:

This post is great!! You really motivate me everyday! You are rockin’ it girl!! I can really relate to so much of your stuff. With having 3 small children it is hard to eat healthy meal, get your workouts in, have family time, a life, and of couse time for God(which comes first) 🙂

15. Brittany says:

Tina is all kinds of honkin awesome and i love her 🙂

16. You are amazing! Good luck, you would make a perfect FitFluential ambassador! You are so inspiring 😀

17. Tara Burner says:

You ROCK!
    You’d be perfect as FitFluential Ambassador! 🙂

18. You’d make an excellent FitFluential Ambassador! 🙂

19. jobo says:

You DEFINE fitfluential. Absolutely. Your drive is second to none. same with your faith, persistence, and confidence. I absolutely love it. Tweeted and liked 🙂

20. All of those words DEFINITELY describe you–you’d be a great ambassador! 🙂

21. I love this Tina! You would make a great ambassador!

You would rock as a Fitfluential ambassador I’m sure of it!! I’m rooting for ya, girlfriend!

23. Tina, you TOTALLY deserve this! I’m not from Atlanta, but I wish I was so you could be my ambassador 🙂

24. Love this! You’d be an awesome Fitfluential ambassador fo’ sho’ 🙂

25. What an INSPIRING post! (As is the usual from you!) I think you would make a fab Fitfluential Ambassador!!

26. Diana says:

Tina, you would be an AMAZING FitFluential ambassador for ATL or anywhere!! Best of luck!

27. Heck yes, I would say you are the epitome of fitfluential. You’re passion shines, your drive motivates, and your authenticity carries =)

28. I think you and your blog represent these qualities perfectly, and that you’d be a great rep!

29. You’d be a great rep! I really like the high-fives part. 🙂 Who doesn’t appreciate a good high five?

30. Em says:

You are all of those things you described and so much more!! 🙂

31. Callie says:

You would be GREAT! And I have made my opinion known to Fitfluential in every way you suggested. 🙂

32. Yes, you are a fitfluential person! I love your attitude and find you inspiring!

Love the high fives – you’d be such a great addition to the team!!

Great post!! You really are such an inspirational woman and I love your outlook!!

35. Mandy says:

I think I did all the things for ya! 🙂 Good luck.. you are perfect for it:) And you nailed yourself perfectly.. you are very much passionate. One of the many things I love about you 🙂

36. lindsay says:

what a great opportunity for someone who keeps us fit (mind and body)!!

37. KitKat1126 says:

You are PERFECT for it! 🙂

38. You’d be a perfect fit!

39. Awesome post. You’d be perfect for this!

40. I think you’d make an AWESOME Fitfluential representative for Atlanta! Crossing my fingers for you!

41. Mary says:

You would be perfect for this! I love the high-fives part 🙂

42. Jen says:

You have my vote, Tina! I absolutely love these 4 qualities and agree you are the perfect example of each of them 🙂

43. You totally deserve it Tina! You are such a strong passionate woman with great goals and so much to share!

44. Ela says:

I think you’d be awesome: you already are doing it. I love that you do it in so many dimensions, from your little daughter, to strangers, to friends and family.

I adore that ‘high five’ photo of you in mid-air.

I’ll tweet that.
    love
    Ela

45. YOU GO GIRL!! This is my absolute FAVORITE post of yours!!!

46. Helen says:

You totally have my support on this! I just completed all of the above except twitter…I don’t have an account there. You would be a great ambassador 🙂

47. Hilary says:

Wow…LOVE this! Totally inspiring! My hat is off to you (and all the amazing mothers everywhere).

48. Hey, I’m from the Atlanta area! I want this lady as the Fitfluential ambassador. 😉

49. Errign says:

Tina – you rock. I come back to your blog day after day because you’re REAL, you’re HONEST, and you’re INSPIRING. 🙂

50. Jessica says:

I would be proud to support you on becomig the next fitfluential ambassador! You Go Tina! Rock on! 🙂