Prepped & FFF Features

Posted: April 15, 2011 at 8:01 am

I feel like yelling a great bit “Hallelujah” because Friday is FINALLY here!!!! Seriously. Could this week have been any slower? Monday and Tuesday seemed to zoom past, but then I kept thinking it was Friday on both Wednesday and Thursday. I guess I really want the weekend to get here. I have a little something to look forward to after all…

5k bib and shirt

Last night, I decided to go ahead and pick up my race stuff. I was glad to see a Thursday afternoon pick-up option because it meant avoiding Friday afternoon traffic in Atlanta. I can assure you that is never fun to get stuck with. I still had to deal with some traffic though and was happy I had an easy dinner planned for when I got home.

bbq tofu

BBQ Tofu Wraps again! We had them just two weeks ago, but I seriously can’t get enough. I never thought the day would come that I would crave tofu. Now? Devoured!

eating wrap

After dinner, I went ahead and organized my playlist for the race. A bit random, but they are all songs that get me going. I picked something motivational to start me out and then things that make me push it to keep me moving at the end.

• Our God – Chris Tomlin
  • I Gotta Feeling – Black Eyed Peas
  • Raise Your Glass – Pink
  • Livin’ On A Prayer – Bon Jovi
  • Firework – Katy Perry
  • Survivor – Beyonce
  • Fighter – Christina Aguilera
  • Gives You Hell – Glee Cast version

Now, today I plan on taking it easy so my legs can feel fresh and ready tomorrow morning. WISH ME LUCK!!! And since tomorrow I plan to share my race recap, I will now bring you the FFF Features a day early. Happy Friday!

Featured Workout: Cathe CoreMax DVD

I plan on resting my legs today, but I figured it would be a good time to break out an old favorite abs workout. I rarely do abs exercises besides planks a couple times each week because abs get worked during so many other activities. It’s still fun to do a session of core work at times though, and Cathe always delivers.

Featured Meal: Yogurt Bowls

yogurt on the go

Still OB-SESSED!

Featured Cuteness: Getting So Big!

baby b tummy

He’s growing, growing, growing! Part of me is excited that he’ll sit up on his own, crawl, and more before I know it. Then, the other half wants to put it all to a screeching halt.

Featured Quote:

When the world says, "Give up," Hope whispers, "Try it one more time."
~Author Unknown

Featured Reading: Beth @ Beth’s Journey – Breaking The Cycle

image

If you enjoyed my post yesterday about food balance, then you will love Beth’s very real and open sharing of her own experience. She is an inspiring lady!

Brittany @ A Healthy Slice of Life – Healthy vs Low Calorie

image

The debate on whether low calorie makes something healthy. Brittany lays it out so well.

• What song would you HAVE to have on your workout/race playlist?

Tags: , ,

90 Comments to “Prepped & FFF Features”
  1. Aww thank you for the shoutout Tina. I was just sending your post from yesterday to a few friends when we were talking about finding that balance of ordering what you want while out without overdoing it. I strive to be able to do that one day – I’m working on it!

Happy Friday! =)

2. Angela says:

Good luck Tina!! I hope you have a fabulous race. Right now, a must-have song on my playlist is Born this Way by Lady Gaga 🙂 I’m a little tired of her other songs, but this one still keeps me going!

I’m feeling the same. I had Bad Romance on my playlist but wasn’t feeling it so nixed it. I do love Born This Way though.

3. Sarah R says:

I just love all of Baby B’s hair 🙂 Good luck on the race tomorrow! I’m looking forward to hearing about it!

4. LindseyAnn says:

Awww!! Baby B is too precious!

My “must have” song(s) are “Don’t Stop Believin'” by Journey and my college fight song.

Good luck and have fun tomorrow! 🙂

5. Have a super weekend with your fit post-baby body and your gorgeous family!

6. Good luck tomorrow!! I know you will do AMAZING!

7. Mmm, those wraps look yummy. I would almost suggest not using music for the race. I typically run with it, but never during races. Unless you’re going to use it for pacing? It’s kind of fun to hear what’s going on. I’m so excited for you!

I might turn it off, but I want to have it to push me as well if needed. And who even knows if we’re allowed to have it? I have a feeling tomorrow I will be learning a lot of new things. 🙂

• Most races say you can’t have them, I know the LR marathon specifically says no, but unless you’re there to win it or it’s a race to qualify somewhere else, I don’t think they care really. Trust me, I see people at every single race with them 😉 I hope you have a great time!!!

8. Good luck, your gonna go great! Love the ab video, might try them this weekend! Thanks!

9. presley says:

Good luck, girl!!!!!

Good luck on the 5K, you will rock it!

11. Paula says:

GOOD LUCK!!!!!! I’m sure you will kill it, and more importantly have fun!
    Sometimes random playlists work the best. I get total ADD running and usually listen to DJ mixes b/c they move fast, for lifting its all rap/hip hop

12. So exciting about your race!!! And I like your playlist — that should keep you going!

13. Marie says:

Good luck! I’m sure you’ll do great! My go to song for long runs is Phil Collins, Two Worlds….what can I say I love Phil collins and Disney!

14. Good luck this weekend! I’m sure you’re going to do great- and have fun!

15. Karen says:

Have a great race! So excited for you 🙂

16. Marie says:

oh and that core video looks awesome….I need to get something like that…

You can borrow mine sometime if you want. I have SO many workout DVDS and we live so close if I needed something back, it wouldn’t be an issue. And I haven’t been doing many of them at home lately anyways with the running and my obsession with spin. Feel free to come peruse my selection. 🙂

17. Karen says:

Good luck tomorrow!! I can’t Baby B is so big already!! He’s already holding his head up : )

18. Good luck at your 5K!!

I don’t have a playlist; I use Pandora radio. My running station is built off Katy Perry’s Hot n Cold. I get a variety of songs/artists on the station, but quite a bit of Katy Perry, All American Rejects, Green Day, Pink, Good Charlotte… good and peppy for a run. 🙂

19. You are gonna rock that race!! And I LOVE your choice in music- that’s my kinda playlist!

Good luck tomorrow, girl! You are going to do a GREAT job, I just know it! And try to have fun too, that always helps 🙂 Ps. I LOVE Cathe’s core max dvd, those ab workouts are killer! Happy, happy Friday!!

21. Lee says:

I can pick up my number on Saturday morning, right? Def not driving to Roswell today after work!

I like Mumford & Sons The Cave, Katy Perry and Kanye West ET and Flo Rida Club Can’t Handle Me for running songs right now.

Yea you can pick it up on Saturday. I just went early since we aren’t TOO far from Roswell and I know I will have so many things on Sat morning I have to remember. I wanted to get one thing checked off early. I know I’m a spaz. LOL

22. good luck tomorrow, I know you’re going to kill it! 🙂

your little boy is simply adorable and he is getting SO big, goodness how time flies!

I think the name of this fun 80s song is “Your Love” by the outfield(ers) something like that it’s great for getting psyched up.

Good luck and I can’t wait to read all about your race! 🙂

23. “Circus”, “Piece of Me”, and “3” by Britney
    “Breaking Dishes” by Rihanna
    “Dirrty” Xtina
    “Summer Love” by Justin T.
    “Jesus Walks” Kanye
    “Waking Up In Vegas” and “E.T.” by Katy (and oh heck, why not “California Gurls” and “Teenage Dream” while you’re at it
    “Don’t Cha” Pussycat Dolls

There are some good ones in there I need to get on my workout playlists pronto! I had forgotten about a few of them. Thanks. 🙂

24. Stacy says:

I’ll see you tomorrow at the hopefully sunny race! 🙂 I need to download some new songs too. Like Katy Perry and Kanye “ET” and Britney Spears “Til the World Ends”.

Yippee!!! It will be so fun. Lee & I are meeting at the registration table at 7 I”m pretty sure. 🙂

I need to check out this “ET” song everyone keeps mentioning. I don’t think I have heard it.

25. Kristi says:

Good luck tomorrow! I know you will do fantastic!!

26. you will do amazing tomorrow, and i can’t wait to hear all about it 🙂

27. Ohh barbecue tofu…must try that! And I love that quote…it honestly gave me goosebumps! Good luck tomorrow! I know you will rock it. 🙂

28. Katie Smothers says:

~~~~ GOOD LUCK TOMORROW ~~~~ I’m so excited for you!!!! The BBQ wraps looks so yummy, but honestly EVERYTHING you post on here looks awsome!!!
    My playlist is also Pandora– its on the Black Eyed Peas — it gives me a variety, but thats what gets me goin’ ! I have to listen to music while I workout, or I start focusing to hard on what I’m really doing — the 3-4 miles will start feeling like 15 without music!!!!
    Well good luck tomorrow, I know you’ll do awsome — most of all just have fun !!!
    Katie
    PS – Baby B is too precious!

29. AHHHHH GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!!! I can’t wait to read all about it. You are going to do so amazing and I think you are going to be hooked on racing!!! You are SO beautiful!!! That yogurt bowl looks absolutely amazing!!! Have a great day and stay off those legs:) YAY for abs!!

30. Sarah says:

I LOVE tofu with barbecue sauce! Mmmm…I could go for some of that for lunch:-).

I just ate lunch and forgot we had leftovers!! Hope you get some soon. It really is so good. And easy too. 🙂

31. Katie H says:

I agree- this week went by so slowly! Good luck this weekend- you are going to be awesome! Little B is such a doll.

My must-have song on my race playlist is Coldplay “Viva la vida”- the live version. I saw them in concert and the energy was amazing!

32. Have a great race tomorrow, I know you will! 🙂

33. Good luck on your race tomorrow! You are going to rock it! Love the music line up… those songs are a perfect choice to keep you pumped and get you going strong. 🙂 ALso, your little man is getting SO big (and is super cute!). Enjoy your weekend!

34. Ooo BBQ tofu rocks my world. Yum.

Hmm, playlist? I really like Britney Spears Toxic for some odd reason!

35. ah he IS getting so big – such a little cutie!

yay for race stuff – best of luck – you’re going to do awesome! I’m still loving Ke$ha songs – they pump me up!

HAPPY FRIDAY!

36. LauraJayne says:

Good luck on your race tomorrow! I remember Atlanta traffic so I totally understand picking up your packet early!

I never thought that I’d love tofu as much as I do now – I am careful about my soy intake, so I try not to eat tofu more than once a day, but I’m always excited when I didn’t have it for lunch to I get to cook it for dinner!

37. Good luck, you’ll be awesome!

38. Tina, I just love your smile. It’s so genuine and makes me smile in turn 🙂

I’m loving Lady Gaga’s Born This Way!

Good luck tomorrow! You’re gonna do great 🙂
    I have to have Eminem’s Til I Collapse on all my running playlists – I’m not a big rap fan, but this song really motivates me while running.

40. Good luck on your race tomorrow! I can’t wait to hear about how you did!

41. Kara says:

Good luck at your race!!

42. Have fun with the race tomorrow!! 🙂

Firework is one of my favorite running songs. I always play it when I need a bit of a push. Never fails.

43. lindsay says:

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Chris Tomlin song. I actually know him. Great guy and his songs are powerful.
    Sending you lots of luck for tomorrow. YEA!

44. Ela says:

Good luck with the race–you are amazing. I can feel your excitement: I hope it’ll go great.

Have to go check out your featured posts–thanks for the guidance.
    love
    Ela

45. Christina Aguilera’s Fighter is such a pump-up song!! What a great choice for your race. I know you’ll rock it!

And B? Flippin’ adorable- look at that hair and those eyes!

PS- many thanks for the shout out! 🙂

46. great list of songs – (love that Jon Bon is represented…)

you’re going to do GREAT – can’t wait to hear all about it!

Good Luck tomorrow! I know you’ll do great and the weather is going to be gorgeous!

48. Geraldine says:

Good Luck! You’re an inspiration to all moms out there!
    My favourite running song is I Believe by Yolanda Adams from the Honey soundtrack – inspirational and uplifting!

49. Awesome! Sounds like your playlist will rock you right through that finish line.