It looks like I will be spending another day snuggled with my little M on the couch. On the bright side, she hasn’t thrown up since about 5:30 yesterday afternoon and she slept well overnight. She still has some tummy upset though and needs her momma. That is of course my number one focus, even if it does mean another lackluster blog post.
I’m not sorry for that though. Not every post needs to be exciting, motivational, special, or interesting. I do hope you all enjoy the majority of what I put out here, but I don’t worry when one week inhibits the fitness or fun part of Faith Fitness Fun. Thankfully, faith is always there to help me in these weeks. Life is life. It’s our job to make the best of it. Look for more regular posts on interesting topics - Q+A about my fitness competition, a discussion on abs, blogging, etc – when I have downtime later this week.
For now, I will share what I have been working on after so many of you showed interest last week when I mentioned it.
First off, I can’t believe I have red and green together on my blog before Thanksgiving comes. I know I could use a little cheer though. How it works? Easy as 1-2-3!
1. Send me an email ( tina [at] faithfitnessfun [dot] com )BEFORE DECEMBER 4th with this information:
- Blog Name & URL
- Mailing Address
- ANY information you want your “Secret Gift Giver” to know – vegan/gluten free/don’t like chocolate/obsessed with giraffes/etc
2. Receive your “Secret Gift Recipient” information by Monday, Dec 6th. Put together a small gift no more than $20 in value.
3. Ship the gift out by Dec 20th (a full two weeks after you get your recipient’s info), so hopefully everyone will receive their gifts by the end of the year.
- MOST importantly – please, please, please ONLY sign up if you KNOW you will participate. When Janetha hosted the Valentine gift exchange earlier this year, she had quite a few people not send their gifts. How disappointing for those expecting them. Let’s avoid that this time around. If you sign up, then DO IT. If you sign up and realize you can’t, let me know right away. Be kind!
- This gift exchange is open to everyone who participates in the blog community, including regular readers. This is a general gift exchange for the season of giving, so no matter what your faith beliefs, feel free to participate! Also, I plan to pair those in the US with each other, Canadian addresses with each other, European with each other, so shipping costs stay as reasonable as possible.
- Feel free to share about this gift exchange on your blog, tweet this post, share on your blog’s Facebook fan page, etc. You can also add the Holiday Blogger button (same as picture above) to your blog by copying the code from below and pasting it into a widget for your sidebar.
This is such a great community and we all deserve a special surprise to celebrate such a beautiful season of compassion and joy. Spread the cheer! And sign up!
- Do you ever feel guilty for not having exciting stuff to share on your blog? I used to, but after 9.5 months of blogging I realize not every day is wonderful…plus, it’s best to be real. And still focus on life.
- Do you think you’re going to participate? Let me know if you have any questions on the gift exchange!