Self- love is such a difficult thing for many to grasp and truly believe. The 30 Days of Self – Love Reflections was an initiative many participated in here on Faith Fitness Fun in September 2010. I believe these topics can help us each come closer to self love and truly believing in our worth as beautiful human beings. This movement serves to help us all learn to love ourselves more and to uplift one another. To begin to realize our true beauty and value. To battle the inner dialogue that strives to bring us down. In short, it will help us to love ourselves like we should have never stopped doing.
I struggled with binge eating in my past. I can vividly recall times driving home from work where I would stop at the store to pick something up to shove down my throat to hide other emotions and a strong feeling of worthlessness in the process. Or staying home “sick” from work to have a day to just wallow with food. I hid it for years. From early 2004 until the very end of 2007. I can recall my first binge in detail as well as my last one before recovery.
How did recovery happen for me? I stopped expecting to just be able to suddenly make that change and finally decided to take a long hard look at myself. I took time every morning to reflect on things about life and how to appreciate myself more fully. For me, this time was prayer to God, but I also believe any personal reflection would have helped in the process to save me from myself. Even after conceiving little M, which solidified my efforts in becoming binge-free, I depended on that personal reflection.
For that reason, I began the 30 Days of Self Love Reflections on my blog. You may find links to every topic discussed over the thirty days below. They will always be open for comments and discussion. Feel free to peruse them any time you wish. Even though, for now, the 30 Days messages are not being posted daily, you can still expect many of the same topics to appear regularly on my blog and for this blog to be a place of encouragement and positivity. Just because September ended, doesn’t mean self-love should end. Keep on loving!
Links to Posts...
1) Confidence 2) Gifts of the Body #1 3) Intrinsic Beauty
4) Trusting our Bodies 5) Love From Others 6) Idolize Bodies?
7) Perspective 8 ) Desiring Perfection 9) Gifts of the Body #2
10) How View Exercise 11) Seeking Control 12) Jealousy
13) Outward Beauty 14) Finding Joy 15) Perseverance
16) Eating Naturally 17) Gifts of the Body #3 18) Loving Others
19) Stop Fat Talk 20) One Life to Live 21) Purpose
22) Forgive Yourself 23) Out of Comfort Zones 24) Rest
25) Gifts of the Body 4 26) More Than Numbers 27) Forgive Others
28) Deeper Issues 29) Passion 30) Worth